At Scanova, we ensure that we follow the best data security measures to ensure that your data does not fall in the wrong hands or is misused.
Data collected by Scanova can be divided into three categories:
1. Customer Data: This means the personal data entered by you to use our services—first name, email address, password, billing information, and payment information.
2. QR Code Data: This means the data entered by you to generate the QR Codes—URL, map location, vcard details, PDF, image, audio, etc.
3. End-User Data: This means the data that we collect on your behalf when end-users scan the QR Codes generated by you—lead generation data (name, email, phone, etc.), browsing activity (scan time, date, city, country, device, etc.).
Here are the security measures employed by Scanova to ensure data security:
- All data is stored in secure Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers in Oregon, United States
- All data in transit is secured via SSL encryption (HTTPS)
- All data at rest is secured via AES256 encryption
- All billing and payment information is securely stored by 2Checkout, Scanova's payment gateway service provider. 2Checkout is PCI Level 1 certified - the highest level certification possible
- Data is accessible to select technical staff only, who resolve customer issues when a request is raised by the customer. There are robust internal security processes and protocols (multi-factor authentication, logging, etc.) that ensure only authorized personnel can access the data
- We've added a layer of registered email verification that ensures only real customers use our products and services, enhancing data protection of end users
- We've added a layer of verification of URLs encoded into QR Codes using Google SafeBrowsing API to restrict the use of infected URLs, enhancing data protection of end users
If you still have questions related to data security, please reach out to us at email@example.com