If you are planning to generate Dynamic QR Codes using Scanova but do not want your end-users to see any Scanova branding in the URLs (e.g., regular Scanova Dynamic QR Codes are encoded with short URLs of the format http://scnv.io/ABCD), then you can use a feature called 'Custom Domain' or 'Custom Short URL'.
Using this feature, your QR Codes will be encoded with say http://qr.mywebsite.com/ABCD instead of http://scnv.io/ABCD. However, you will still be able to use the dynamic features of Scanova such as scan tracking and editing QR Code content.
Note that this feature is only available to Pro users. See Plans & Pricing.
Here is how to setup and use this feature:
- For your domain mywebsite.com, first setup a sub-domain (CNAME Record) such as qr.mywebsite.com
- From your domain settings (via CPanel, etc.), you need to point CNAME Record of the sub-domain to scnv.io
- Go to Scanova Pro Account Dashboard > Settings > Custom Domain tab
- Click on Add an enter the sub-domain in the field that appears
- Click on Validate Setup to check if the sub-domain has been setup without errors
- Once the sub-domain is validated, click on SAVE button to save the changes. Also, do a hard refresh of the page to view the new list of sub-domains setup
- Go to QR Code Generator and create a new QR Code
- In the Save QR Code window, select the Customize URL hash option under Advanced Settings
- In the domain part of the URL, you will see a dropdown menu that will now allow you to select your custom sub-domain
- The QR Code you generate using this sub-domain will be have now have no Scanova branding
If you have completed all steps above and still are facing issues in setup, please reach out to us at [email protected].